10 ways to celebrate Earth Day
22 April is Earth Day.
Evolve Asia offers you 10 ways to honor mother earth.
1.Enjoy raw meals to commemorate this happy occasion. Raw meals use minimal energy to prepare and are packed full of nutrients.
You can plant a tree in your backyard or contribute to a tree-planting programme in your city.
Hong Kong Leisure and Cultural Services Department has a community garden programme where everyone is invited to participate. In Singapore, for 50 years, NParks has been planting trees for the public under the Garden City Fund Plant-a-tree programme. To commemorate this milestone event, NParks will be planting 1963 trees from June to October 2013.
3. Walk, ride a bike or take public transportation this day.
4. Clean your house with earth friendly cleaning products like baking soda and vinegar. You'd be amazed by the applications.
5. Wear green or brown. To make it more interesting, use hemp or other biodegradable fabrics like cotton.
6.Visit the local park, beach, forest or mangrove to do a cleanup or reforestation.
7. Reduce, Reuse, Recycle all day long. Eg You may clear out your old clothes and donate them to H&M Conscious Collection for recycling. Participants receive vouchers for their contributions. More info here.
8.Save energy by taking a cold shower, using minimal lights, air-conditioning, electronics, and heat
9. Express your love for the earth with a painting, poem, song or speech.
10. Tell a friend to join you in your green efforts.