Gwyn Williams looks like a man straight out of Pirates of the Caribbean, the sea connection works since he is an avid surfer, otherwise, you will not believe that he is a gentle Australian man maintaining a thriving yoga, healing and teaching practice in Queensland Australia and around Asia.
Founder of Zen Thai Shiatsu and the Mt Ninderry healing centre in 1999, read more about Zenthai Shiatsu here , Gwyn spent much of his life understanding the mechanics and physiology of the body and qi, first as a physical education teacher, then as a martial arts instructor and later as a yoga teacher. His immersion in physicality and energy has given him an intuitive grasp of the body which he skilfully, fluidly and poetically conveys to his clients and students.
Such instructors are few and rare to come by. This is time and again reflected in his classes and his book, The Zen of Touch (below).
Gwyn is much in demand nationally and internationally for his deep understanding of bodywork, movement and awareness. He runs a range of courses and retreats varying from 2 hour workshops to 12 month programs throughout the year.
THE ZEN OF TOUCH
The Art Of Zen Thai Shiatsu
Gwyn has consolidated his life's experience and the collected understanding of the ages in this invaluable resource for self-help health enthusiasts, massage and bodywork practitioners.
The beautiful book illustrated with photographs on every page is as deep as it is beautiful. Gwyn does not give you the textbook standard definitions as he explains elemental theory, anatomy, zen principles and Thai techniques. He explains it to you plain and simple like a wise teacher would his class of would-be physicians, and shares with you the understanding intuitively gleaned from practice. The unexpected pleasure of the book is derived from the poetic delivery from page one to page 185. As such, the knowledge almost infuses itself into your being.
• 165 x 235 mm page size
• 188 colour pages
• Over 200 inspiring photographs
• Practical handbook for the therapist. ‘Enhancing life’ manual for the client. ‘Inspiring you day’ guide for All.
• Inspirational photography and potent quotes to REMIND us of our potentials
• Over 15 thorough case studies with diagnosis, treatment and self help plans
• The 5 elements ..implementing it into our daily life to enhance our Life force
• ‘ How to’ practice ‘ Zen’ …as a therapist ..as a daily life warrior
• Gratitude, vision, fearlessness and cheerfulness .. our daily food
• Lifestyle, food and yoga therapeutics for a variety of conditions
• Meridan maps, acu-points diagrams and practical therapeutic sequences
Here in this book Gwyn presents his life's creation, the manifesto for his zenthai shiatsu from a place of deep and sensitive understanding of the body. Indeed one feels that he has witheld no secrets from his hard-earned journeys across healing modalities, a rare and generous trait to come by in the secretive world of spiritual teachings.